ADSM-L

Re: netware client on aix tsm server

2002-11-21 10:27:43
Subject: Re: netware client on aix tsm server
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:22:37 -0500
Michelle,

Sometime ago, I think that someone mention on this board that
TSM stop supporting IPXSPX communication.
I want to say that TSM 4.1 was the last version that could use
IPXSPX. I could be wrong on this.

I know that for TSM 4.2 the valid communication method is HTTP,
TCPIP, SNMP and shared memory.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Michelle Wiedeman (michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM)
wrote:

> hi all,
>
> A cotumer of ours wants a netware 5.1 server in our backup
schedule.
> This client doesnt support tcp/ip only ipxspx. I did see an
ipxsocket
> available in server options, but according to the costumer
the server
> returnes with an "invalid ipx adress" when starting the
client.
> Now this costumer had netware installed by another party 4
years ago and
> doesnt know anything about handling the OS itself, nor do I.
So our only
> option is to make the tsm-server available to the ipx
protocol. As far as I