ADSM-L

netware client on aix tsm server

2002-11-21 09:18:46
Subject: netware client on aix tsm server
From: Michelle Wiedeman <michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:14:14 +0100
hi all,

A cotumer of ours wants a netware 5.1 server in our backup schedule.
This client doesnt support tcp/ip only ipxspx. I did see an ipxsocket
available in server options, but according to the costumer the server
returnes with an "invalid ipx adress" when starting the client.
Now this costumer had netware installed by another party 4 years ago and
doesnt know anything about handling the OS itself, nor do I. So our only
option is to make the tsm-server available to the ipx protocol. As far as I
know aix (4.3.2) doesnt understand ipx. My question: how do I make aix
understand ipx? or how do i make netware understand tcpip?

thnx a lot,

Mi©helle