ADSM-L

Re: Trouble restoring SQL database

2002-11-21 09:00:35
Subject: Re: Trouble restoring SQL database
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:49:58 -0500
Ken,

The SQL Server will not allow this backup to be
applied to the previous full backup you restored.
In other words, SQL Server is rejecting this
restore attempt.

Did you specify /RECOVERY=NO on the full restore
(if using the command-line interface)?
Or un-check the Recovery checkbox in the GUI on the
full restore if you are doing the restores
manually one at a time?

Take a look at the SQL Server log and the
VDI error log to see if it gives you any
additional information. Also, check the
Microsoft knowledge base for other ideas.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.