ADSM-L

Re: dsmc and NFS

2002-11-20 16:50:16
Subject: Re: dsmc and NFS
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:55:01 -0500
>     Is it possible to run two TSM clients on Solaris (2.8) with them
> each having a scheduler daemon running?  If so, I'd appreciate any
> information on it!

I'm not sure whether 'two TSM clients' means two sets of client code
at different levels, or two instances of the scheduler process running
the same code. I have set up the latter type of arrangement on HP-UX
systems, and I would expect the same method to work on other types of
Unix systems. I created a second server stanza in dsm.sys. This
consisted of a second servername statement followed by a second set
of option statements. I then started one of the scheduler processes
using the command line:

/usr/bin/dsmc -servername=SYST sched >/dev/null 2>&1