ADSM-L

Re: Restore of MS Exchange

2002-11-20 08:09:27
Subject: Re: Restore of MS Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:06:01 -0500
Yahya,

If it is within the same domain, you might have trouble.
You also didn't state whether you were running
Exchange 5.5 or Exchange 2000.  They each have their
own issues involved with alternate server restores.

Keep in mind there is the "/FROMEXCSERVER=servername"
option to allow TDP for Exchange to query/restore the
backups from a different server. The issue becomes
more of what the Exchange Server will allow.

Please refer to the documentation in the User's Guide
for "Advanced Restore Procedures".  Also, for Exchange 2000,
Microsoft has some good information here:

  www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2Krecovery.asp

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.