ADSM-L

Re: Offsite tape challenge

2002-11-20 06:50:15
Subject: Re: Offsite tape challenge
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:53:08 -0500
We take the tapes out of the library and set the access to Offsite and the
location to "Vault".  Access of Offsite prevents TSM from trying to mount
the tape, and location is a free form text field, so we just call it Vault
as the tapes our stored onsite in a Vault.  Once a week we take tapes
offsite, and bring tapes back.  When tapes go offsite the location is
changed to "Offsite".  We use Korn Shell scripts to handle all this, on AIX.
If you'd like more information on how we do all this, let me know offline.

Ray Baughman
Engineering Systems Administrator
TSM Administrator
National Machinery LLC
Phone 419-443-2257
Fax 419-443-2376
Email rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com