ADSM-L

Re: Mac OSX TSM client v5.1.5.1

2002-11-18 14:25:50
Subject: Re: Mac OSX TSM client v5.1.5.1
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:24:01 -0500
Thanks, Remco.  I was indeed referring to 5.1.5.1, not 5.1.  5.1.5.1 does
indeed lift the 32 character limit, but the scheduler still requires you to
be logged in and to have access to an admin-level account.  I was hoping to
hear about any other experiences folks may have had in testing the 5.1.5.1
client.

I don't think Mark's comments about whether Mac's should be supported or
not are helpful to my inquiry.  The point is that IBM has committed to
attempt to support the client, so they should provide software that works
adequately to do the job.  I'd rather not get into a meta-discussion about
whether they should support Macs or not.  We have them here.  They are
important in our environment.  We use TSM because it claims to be an
enterprise-level backup solution, and Macs are an important part of our
enterprise.  A big reason that we used TSM in the first place was that it
supported Macs.

..Paul