ADSM-L

Re: Poor Performance

2002-11-14 19:21:24
Subject: Re: Poor Performance
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 02:14:24 +0200
What kind of Cisco is this?
I am unaware of any Cisco non-networking device (if we assume iSCSI as
half-networking) and networking ones should not mess with your TCP (OSI
level 4; they ought to deal with IP - OSI level 3). Even if it really does
look inside TCP stream it should not limit you to only 16kB! They ought to
support RFC1323 and TCP window larger than 64 kB.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Lawrie Scott <lawries AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
12.11.2002 10:53
Please respond to Lawrie Scott