ADSM-L

Re: Security question about number of bits used

2002-11-14 12:36:42
Subject: Re: Security question about number of bits used
From: Jim Smith <smithjp AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:36:21 -0800
TSM does use DES 56-bit encryption and it is currently not possible to
change the method/strength.  If you have additional requirements above and
beyond DES 56-bit encryption, please open a requirement with Tivoli
through your marketing rep.

If you open a requirement can you please make sure to specify the
following points:

1. encryption is for data encryption, authentication, secure
communication, all of the above, etc.
2. if higher key strength is need, what is needed
3. if different algorithm is needed, e.g., AES, or if ability to plug-in
different algorithm is needed
4. if user key management is needed

This would help us understand what we need to do with our product set.

Thanks,
Jim Smith
TSM development

Hi all.

It's posible to change the cypher method or the number of bits.

I think TSM use DES 56 bits?

Thanks.

Estanislao Sanmartín Rejo
tani AT mail2.udc DOT es