ADSM-L

Backupset restore question

2002-11-14 10:07:46
Subject: Backupset restore question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:00:01 +0200
Hi

I need your help to understand the process of restoring a backupset from a
local client.

 1. I first created a generate backup and take it offsite
 2. Now assume my server is down and need to restore this client
 3. From the gui client the option of local restore for backupset is there
but need the tape name(did is the name of my device tape ???
    and what about parameters like -su=yes and replace=all
4. Can I run from the client command line like:
       Restore backupset gen_admin.XXXXXX –su=yes –rep=all -loc=tape

   But what about the tape name I got from the gui ?????

I know that I miss something please help .....

Regards Robert Ouen
E-mail: rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il