ADSM-L

Re: q libv just stopped working?

2002-11-08 21:27:05
Subject: Re: q libv just stopped working?
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:25:48 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Coats, Jack
> Got it working. ... When updating the microcode to 2.80.41 on the 3583
> library,
> it sets the barcode length to 'normal' (6 CHARACTER) from 'extended' (8
> character).
>
> After setting it to 'extended' I should have pulled all my tapes
> out of the library,
> inventoried the library, then check all the tapes back in.

Can you say "synchronicity"?

I had a customer to whom this very thing happened this afternoon. It took me
a bit to find out what to do.

The better solution is change the MEDIA setting on the front panel of the
library to EXTENDED prior to any tape actions after the firmware upgrade.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE