ADSM-L

Re: check on allowed scratch tapes!

2002-11-08 09:30:18
Subject: Re: check on allowed scratch tapes!
From: Matt Simpson <msimpson AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:24:24 -0500
At 22:23 -0800 11/7/02, Chetan H. Ravnikar wrote:
What I am looking for is, the value which is set in a storage pool
      *Max allowed scratch tapes*.
Any select statement statement which gives that value!? I can script
something.. quickly

Try
select stgpool_name,maxscratch,pct_utilized from stgpools

will give you the maximum scratch volumes and the percent used for each pool

you could add something like
select stgpool_name,maxscratch,pct_utilized from stgpools where
pct_utilized > 90

to list just the pools that are approaching their limit

I don't see a field that gives you the actual count used instead of
percent, but if you really want that, there's probably a way to
select volumes and count them
--

Matt Simpson --  OS/390 Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300