ADSM-L

Re: SQL statement

2002-11-06 20:14:11
Subject: Re: SQL statement
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:10:49 -0800
Raymond, there are different aspects to your question:

1. If your question is "where will the data go if my node were to back
up/archive/space manage something" is almost impossible to answer with
select statements. It depends on the design of your TSM environment -
which management classes are available, which ones will be used by
assigning them via include statements at the client, what option sets you
have and what their include statement assignments are for these management
classes.

2. If your question is "where MIGHT the data go if my node were to back
up/archive/space manage something" then all you need to look at are the
space management destinations, the backup copy group destinations, and the
archive copy group destinations for the management classes in the policy
domain in which the node resides.

3. If your question is "which storage pools contain data for my node",
then the answer is produced by a q occupancy <nodename> command which
tells you where data for the node in question is located.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452