ADSM-L

Client Scheduler stopping/ TSM 5.1.5.1

2002-11-05 18:26:40
Subject: Client Scheduler stopping/ TSM 5.1.5.1
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:23:45 -0800
A short update to everyone watching the TSM 5.1.5.1 posts. I've been asked
twice to change Resource Timeout value, which is now 100. Most of the missed
backups I was having are gone but support still wants me to monitor for the
lock I was seeing and then run a bunch of commands to gather info if I can.
Unfortunately backups are so late I've just had it. It's not that I don't
want to help, it's just so late I'm tired.

As for the missed backups I am seeing now, I can tell it's because the
schedule service is stopped. Since I don't have access to these computers I
can't start it, don't know if it stopped on its own, or if someone
purposefully stopped it. Are there any issues related to the Scheduler
service stopping with certain levels of TSM client on WIN2K or NT?

I'm also seeing a failed report on what looks like a completed backup. The
data is there, the session tries to connect to the server and none are
available and an entry in the client log as failed. ANS1512E Scheduled event
BLAH-BLAH failed. Return code=12. After the 15 minute window it retries and
sends the data to the server because this time it got a connection and it
returns the next scheduled backup.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154