ADSM-L

Re: Follow-up, Re: URGENT - ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table "AS.Segments" during Migration / what is table 'AS.Segments' ??

2002-11-05 04:38:53
Subject: Re: Follow-up, Re: URGENT - ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table "AS.Segments" during Migration / what is table 'AS.Segments' ??
From: "Frost, Dave" <Dave.Frost AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:36:52 +0000
APAR  IC33270

Regards

Dave
--
+44 (0) 20 7608 7140

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes

                      Kent Monthei
                      <Kent.J.Monthei@G        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      SK.COM>                  cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Follow-up,         Re:
 URGENT - ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1
                      Dist Stor                 inserting row in table
"AS.Segments" during Migration / what is table
                      Manager"                  'AS.Segments' ??
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/11/2002 23:49
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Just a couple of updates on this

        1.  MIGRATION of DISKPOOL --> TAPEPOOL fails with
                ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table
AS.Segments" error
        2.  MOVE DATA DISKPOOL TAPEPOOL also fails with
                ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table
AS.Segments" error
        3.  BACKUP STGPOOL DISKPOOL COPYPOOL works (no errors, 100% moved)
        4.  MOVE DATA DISKPOOL ALT-TAPEPOOL works (no errors, 100% moved)
        5.  MIGRATION of DISKPOOL --> ALT-TAPEPOOL works (no errors, 100%
moved)
        6.  RECLAIM TAPEPOOL fails with
                ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table
AS.Segments" error
        7. AUDIT VOLUME succeeds on all DISKPOOL volumes (0 errors)

It's beginning to look like there's a problem with TAPEPOOL entries in the
DB.  Anyway, we're operating ok with #5 as our current workaround for
this, so the crisis is over for now, but comments on similar experiences
and possible solutions are still welcome.

One respondent mentioned that there was an APAR on this - if anyone knows
the APAR#, please let me know.

RSVP........thanks

Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline