ADSM-L

Re: FW: YAPC.

2002-11-01 11:57:45
Subject: Re: FW: YAPC.
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:35:20 -0500
Hmm.

I've only got one doamin, but I have 10 stgpools -- this lets me split data
between local only (no D/R requirement, no copy to offsite pools) and
recoverable. It also lets me keep the off-site recoverable split for ease of
recovery and volume reclaim.

I could simplify a little bit by being 'cute' with colocation by filespace
and micro-managing my tape useage by pool, but multiple stgpools seemed (and
still seems) to be much more straightforward.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc