ADSM-L

FW: YAPC.

2002-10-31 19:13:44
Subject: FW: YAPC.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:45:19 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Prather, Wanda
To: 'asr AT UFL DOT EDU '
Sent: 10/31/2002 6:44 PM
Subject: RE: YAPC.

Yowie -

I bet you take the prize, indeed, for # of storage pools.
At the physics lab I organize by domain; I group clients into domains
either by owner, where I have remote owners/administrators, so I can
give remote admins control over passwords, schedules, even management
classes.  Or, I group clients into domains by reporting groups. (i.e.,
they are clients I manage, but I want to divide them into groups because
it makes it easier for me to generate reports by group).   BUT, I send
most of them into the same storage pools.  That lets them have control
over what they should have control over (business requirements and
access), and gives me control over what I should have control over -
hardware, server capacity, performance, and media movement for DR.