ADSM-L

Tape drive recomendations

2002-10-30 16:04:44
Subject: Tape drive recomendations
From: Dean Winger <dwinger AT EDUCATION.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:57:23 -0600
Tape drive recomendations

I am running TSM 5.1 on a Windows 2K server and am in the process of
replacing my tape library.  The drives that I have been looking at are
LTO, LTO-2, AIT-3, and S-AIT.  I know, LTO-2 and S-AIT are not yet
available, but they will be soon.

When looking at the specifications.  S-AIT looks really good. But, will
TSM support S-AIT?  And what about the Microchip in the cassette?  I
don't believe that TSM is supporting this feature, therefore;
performance is not going to measure up to Sony's specs.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations?

Thanks for your input.

Dean Winger
Network Administrator
Wisconsin Center for Education Research
1025 West Johnson Street
Madison, WI 53706
Phone: 608.265.3202
Email:   dwinger AT education.wisc DOT edu
Fax:      608.265.9300