ADSM-L

Re: Computer Associates - Brightstore Resource Manager for TSM

2002-10-30 12:15:13
Subject: Re: Computer Associates - Brightstore Resource Manager for TSM
From: prasanna S ghanekar <gpresy AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:10:06 -0400
--Folks,

CA Brightstor was implemented at my site but only for a while before I had to
make 180 deg. turn to go back to TSM.
If you need more info, please send me an e-mail and I'd be glad to answer your
questions.

Prasanna Ghanekar
EDS

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:58:50
 Lisa Cabanas wrote:
>FWIW, a little while ago, a CA tech person was onsite for two days with the
>operators here (unbeknownst to me, like the TSM admin should know,
>anyway...) checking out our operation and set up.
>
>Guess what-- he ended up calling the sales rep that was coming, to tell him
>not to bother with the sales pitch for Brightstor, it wouldn't do anything
>for us.
>
>The only thing storage wise they ended up pitching was a Storage Area
>Network manager product-- but the gotcha there was that it was how the
>product was "supposed" to work-- it wasn't actually shrink-wrapped at this
>point in time;-)
>

>                    "Mr. Lindsay
>                    Morris"               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>                    <lmorris@server       cc:
>                    graph.com>            Subject:     Re: Computer Associates
> - Brightstore Resource Manager for
>                    Sent by: "ADSM:        TSM
>                    Dist Stor
>                    Manager"
>                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
>                    ST.EDU>
>

>                    10/29/2002
>                    12:35 PM
>                    Please respond
>                    to lmorris
>

>CA seems to buy tools / companies and market them like crazy, but not put
>any energy into improving or supporting them.
>
>I'd be interested in hearing your take on what features this product has,
>and what it costs.
>Mr. Lindsay Morris
>Lead Architect, Servergraph
>www.servergraph.com
>859-253-8000 ofc
>425-988-8478 fax

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.