ADSM-L

Re: Migration NSM to TSM

2002-10-30 12:04:04
Subject: Re: Migration NSM to TSM
From: "Peter Pijpelink - P.L.C.S. BV Storage Consultants" <tsm AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:58:30 +0100
What we heard: (not sure if this is the case worldwide)

Make sure you have ECA017 installed (tsm 4219/aix5)

do an inventory of all client cpu's and licenses (also tdp/drm etc)
Set yourself up in ppa (passport adv) and order 'renewal' licenses for one,
two or three year. Then you get on those licenses 50% discount. (only
once!)  In this case you get your upgrade to TSM 5 for free, and only pay
maintenance and support. You may do the upgrade of TSM 4.2 to 5.x yourself
or hire a consultant to do this for you. One tip: after this your software
are licenses, so you can upgrade the H70 in the C01 NSM to a newer model
for example and keep the licenses. Altough the hardware box 3466 will be a
complete one serial number, there will be no unbundeling of the hardware
components, so if you do you need a new support contract for a new piece(s)
of hardware.

The are some other rumors going on about the NSM, but I do not have that
verified, let you know.

This is what we been told by IBM, can not be sure if this is official and
also the case right now in EMEA and USA.
When I know more, I let you know.

thanks

Peter