ADSM-L

Re: Error backing up NT client - any ideas

2002-10-30 08:50:40
Subject: Re: Error backing up NT client - any ideas
From: TAZ <switchback60 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:37:00 -0700
Farren,

Here are some basic steps I would follow if I hit a snag using TSM:

1) Look up the error message in the manual.
http://www.tivoli.com/support/public/Prodman/public_manuals/td/StorageManage
rMessages5.1.html

2) Check the Knowledge Base, ("KB")

Registering for the first time?
http://www-120.ibm.com/software/support/ecare/login?action=register

Log into the KB:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManag
er.html

Use a broad search, include keywords, (separated by a space) and the error
message, (ex., ANS4036E NT client backup registry key).

3. Use the above search at search.adsm.org also.

You can always narrow your search if you pull to many hits.

Good luck!

Sam.