ADSM-L

Re: ACSLS/TSM on Unix

2002-10-30 03:00:27
Subject: Re: ACSLS/TSM on Unix
From: DFrance <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:10:48 -0600
There are logs in ACSLS that your friendly STK folks should show you;  also,
there is a two-inch thick book User Guide, that has many things of interest.
If you audit the library (using the ACSLS console) it may take a very long
time, but it's worth it to ensure things are in sync... if that's what you
suspect.

When you replaced the robot's "hand" did you shutdown TSM, and stop ACSLS
(and the acs_ssi daemon that runs in the TSM server)?!?  You might need to
clear the locks, if the ACS audit fails to resolve the issue.

When you do the ACSLS audit, you should prevent TSM from interacting with
the ACSLS server;  upon completion, restart the acs_ssi, typically using
rc.acs_ssi (to re-establish communication between TSM and ACSLS).

If the preceding steps fail to clear this problem, get instructions to
access the ACSLS console, login as ACSSA, and run "cmd_proc" to enter the
console mode interface, and clear the locks (ensure TSM is down during this
process)...
- q lock vol all
- set lock <lock-id-listed-above>
- unlock vol all
- repeat the sequence until all volume locks are cleared
- (Note: this simplified sequence assumes a single ACSLS, library and TSM
server!!)

After restart of the TSM, initialization should complete, and "audit libr"
should be run, to totally sync up TSM inventory with ACSLS.  You might also
want to review all the tapes known to ACSLS ("q vol all") and probably run
checkin for the vol-range of tapes not yet checked in to TSM, but known to
ACSLS.

Good luck!

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)