ADSM-L

Archiving

2002-10-29 10:09:42
Subject: Archiving
From: Nelson Kane <TSMUser AT AOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:36:04 EST
Good Morning All,
Can someone provide some clarification on the process of
archiving, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's the scenario:
I am new to TSM, and our site has never archived before.
There's now a need to archive just one  clients data for seven years.
I created a archive copy group with retention of 2555 (seven years).
I'm not sure where to associate the client with this copy group.
Moreover, how do I start the archive, I know I can start it by going
to the clients  GUI, but is that the proper way, and how would I schedule
such a procedure.
The specs are TSM V4.2 on AIX 433, the client is also AIX 4.3.3
Thanks in advance!
-kane