ADSM-L

Lanfree with AIX and W2k

2002-10-29 08:24:34
Subject: Lanfree with AIX and W2k
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit.mv AT BAYER-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:17:06 +0100
Hi all TSM SAN experts,
I am setting up a testing environment to move to Lanfree backup.
Environment:
TSM Server 5.1.5.1 AIX 4.3.3 ML 10, IBM 6228 FC HBA
TSM Storage Agent 5.1.5.1 W2k SP3, Compaq Storage Works FC HBA
TSM Baclient 5.1.1.0
Compaq FC SAN switch 2/8L
Compaq Modular Data Router connected to a IBM 3570 L180 with 4 drives.
All paths have been set up.

Now, what does work:
Normal backups from lan clients to diskpool as well as straight onto tape,
Sorage agent establishes communication with the TSM erver.
Baclient uses named pipe to communicate with storage agent.
Backup starts, Lanfree comm established, tape mounted.
Now I get this error.
ANR8939E (Session: 2040, Origin: SANAGNT)  The adapter for
                      tape drive DRIVE4 (mt0.7.0.5) cannot handle  the block
                      size needed to use the volume.
Help suggests that I do this, setup documentation says it should be greater than
41.
MAXIMUMSGLIST should be set to hex 41 to work properly with TSM.
Tried both, still the same error.
I couldn't find this error in the documentation of TSM server 5.1.
What else am I missing? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Markus Veit