ADSM-L

password requested for sql backup script when in a cluster

2002-10-28 20:22:37
Subject: password requested for sql backup script when in a cluster
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:21:07 -0800
For a Windows cluster, the TSM clients and schedulers were configured as
described in Appendix E of the Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows
Backup-Archive Clients Installation and User's Guide (BC32-0788-01). So on
the TSM server there is a node defined for each local host and for each
cluster group; but NOT for the cluster.

While in the directory G:\users\default\dba\, a SQL Server Agent job does a
"dsmc incremental -optfile=dms.opt" of a file which is stored on a
non-cluster disk.  The dsm.opt file includes "nodename ucs3" and
"PasswordAccess Generate".  ucs3 is the name of the local host (pc).

The problem is that TSM requests a password and that causes the job to hang
until killed using task manager.  The job seems to be running using a
hostname equal to the cluster name.  I thought the nodename directive would
override the hostname and the password generate would bypass the password
query.  The script works as expected when run from a command line.

What am I missing?  Do I have to define yet another node on the TSM server
for the cluster?