ADSM-L

diskXtender TSM

2002-10-28 05:11:35
Subject: diskXtender TSM
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:10:51 +0100
Hi,

I'm testing the OTG DiskXtender solution integrated in TSM to allow for HSM on
Windows systems, but I'm having some problems to configure it.

I want to migrate the files directly to tape and that seperate tapes are used
for migration and backup.

So I've created a new sequential storage pool (diskXtender) and created a new
management class (archive) that uses this storage pool as copy destination  in
the backup copy group. The modified molicy set was validated and activated.

I've created in diskXtender a TSM media service and added a TSM media where
I've specified the archive management class as destination.

The migration of the files however still goes to the diskpool instead to the
diskXtender storage pool.

If I take a regular backup where I've specified the management class 'archive',
the backup goes to the correct storage pool (diskXtender) on tape.

What am I'm missing here in the configuration? The wanted storage pool for
migration is bound to the management class specified in the configuration of
the TSM media service in diskXtender. So why is he still writing to the disk
pool?

Thanks a lot,

Kurt