ADSM-L

SAP TDP Multiple Storage Pools

2002-10-28 03:33:50
Subject: SAP TDP Multiple Storage Pools
From: Lawrie Scott <lawries AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:28:43 +0200
Hi

Running Server 5.1 and the latest TDP for SAP/R3 using Oracle on a
Compaq Tru64 Unix Platform.

I have been asked to do a weekly backup to a separate storage pool, a
monthly to its own storage pool. Currently I  run a daily backup with 14
versions and this is a full backup each day to a storage pool called
SAP. How would I set it up to look at different storage pool depending
on the backup type specified. Setting up the scripts to run the backup
is not the issue but rather how would the dsm files and SAP config files
be set to handle multiple storage pools, and schedules.

Lawrie Scott
For: Persetel / Q Vector KZN
Company Registration Number: 1993/003683/07
Tel: +27 (0) 31 5609222
Fax: +27 (0) 31 5609495
Cell: +27 (0) 835568488
E-mail:   <mailto:lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za>
lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za

Notice: This message and any attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the addressee. If any have received this message in error,
please notify Lawrie Scott at Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd immediately,
telephone number +27 (0) 31 5609222. Any unauthorised use, alteration or
dissemination is prohibited. Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no
liability whatsoever for any loss whether it be direct, indirect or
consequential, arising from information made available and actions
resulting there from.