ADSM-L

TSM 5.1.5.1

2002-10-27 16:08:35
Subject: TSM 5.1.5.1
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:07:53 -0800
Ok, here is another one for you. I have a number of monthly schedules that
ran on October 12th as they were supposed to. I usually change the date each
month to make sure it runs on a Saturday but I had not gotten to them yet.
Since they should run on November 12 if I leave it, nothing to worry about
right now anyway. Think again, I had one of the monthly schedules kick off
yesterday at 8PM. I verified the date is still set to 2002-10-12. How the
hell did it pick that one and none of the rest???????????????????

I've already got 2 problems reported to IBM on this version, here is number
3. Guess I should have thought twice and just went with 5.1.1.6 instead. I
guess I don't understand how the simplest things get by on the delivery. Why
wouldn't this be part of a standard QA delivery test of the software before
it's put up on the WEB for download?

It sure looks like after a fix is made only the fixes are tested to make
sure they work and nothing else.

I know I'm not the only one frustrated here.
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154