ADSM-L

Re: drm operator scripts

2002-10-25 11:58:33
Subject: Re: drm operator scripts
From: Matt Simpson <msimpson AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:56:29 -0400
At 9:33 AM -0600 10/25/02, Laura Buckley wrote:
After producing the list of VAULTRETRIEVE tapes, move them to
COURIERRETRIEVE instead of ONSITERETRIEVE.  When the courier returns
with the tapes, move them to ONSITERETREIVE.

That's not really solving my dilemma.  I'm trying to avoid a lot of
manual processing.  I want to checkin all tapes that are in
VAULTRETRIEVE status, moving them to other statuses first if
appropriate/necessary. I don't want somebody to have to manually
issue a MOVE DRM ONSITERETRIEVE for each tape.  But if I
automatically generate the commands, and MOVE a tape that doesn't get
returned for some reason, that tape is lost.

The problem is that ONSITERETRIEVE tapes are "invisible".  If I move
a bunch to ONSITERETRIEVE, and for some reason one of them doesn't
get checked in, I would prefer that it remain visible.  Having tapes
lying around that TSM has forgotten about is not a pleasant thought.

--

Matt Simpson --  OS/390 Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300