ADSM-L

Re: Directories written in the wrong pool, although using dirmc option

2002-10-25 08:38:58
Subject: Re: Directories written in the wrong pool, although using dirmc option
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:38:43 -0600
For why MGMT-SQL-META was used before you created the client option set,
see posting http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0208/1119.html in the
ADSM-L archives for .some thoughts on this. Also, make sure that each
individual node doesn't have DIRMC explicitly coded in it, and make sure
that each of the nodes in question are associated with the desired client
options set.

If that doesn't explain the trouble, then try the following from an OS
prompt:

1) Change into the directory where the TSM executables are located:

2) Run the following command:

   dsmc show opt | findstr /c:dirmc

or if your scheduler uses an options file other than the default of
dsm.opt.

   dsmc show opt -optfile=youroptfilename | findstr /c:dirmc

(NOTE: "show opt" is not an officially documented command.)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
10/25/2002 03:23