ADSM-L

Re: adsm.org unusable

2002-10-24 23:33:48
Subject: Re: adsm.org unusable
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:31:22 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Kai Hintze
> What happened to adsm.org? I tried to go and look for something in the
> archives but they weren't there! Instead the site was some funky
> discussion
> board with several columns.
>
> The meat of the board was the middle column. But the column was too narrow
> so I couldn't see an entire message without scrolling left and right, but
> the scroll bar was two screens below the message so I couldn't
> ever read an
> entire message.
>
> The right hand column was a poll that didn't let me participate.
>
> The left hand column invited me to log in, and had numerous resource
> lists--one of which was the archives, but I STILL CAN'T READ THEM BECAUSE
> THE COLUMN IS TOO NARROW! And I DON'T want yet another place to log in.
>
> Please, _please_, PLEASE give me back the archives.

Don't cry, bunky. The archives are still there, and you don't have to log in
to read them. (You do have to log in if you want to participate in the
public polls--which are worth about as much as you pay to use them.)

Seriously, I have some issues with adsm.org as well. I really like some of
the new features (including the TSM event calendar). However, the site's
owners are trying to create yet another forum for TSM discussion. I guess I
shouldn't mind that much, but it strikes me that they've created a forum for
those who can't quite handles the complexities of subscribing to a mailing
list. ;o)

And if they don't do something about the lack of width for the archive list
output, I might just have to hurt someone. :oP

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE