ADSM-L

Re: OK IBM _ ENOUGH ALREADY with the IBM/Tivoli TSM website -

2002-10-23 15:52:07
Subject: Re: OK IBM _ ENOUGH ALREADY with the IBM/Tivoli TSM website -
From: Suad Musovich <s.musovich AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:50:44 +1300
I hear your frustration. They have fragmented it in the typical IBM
non-intuitive way.

The Support Downloads is playing magic roundabout. So you have to go to
the client requirement pages.

The client requirements/search page has separated the platforms by age
and their is no hyperlinks to the downloads. So you have to go to the
Self Help -> downloads page.

Again, the downloads/search page has been separated out, but you get
server stuff as well. You have to filter it.

Hands up who thing IBM should be nominated for one of the bad navigation
web awards. Actually we should insist they should get it considering the
scale of this problem. (e.g. try find matching firmware/BIOS/driver for
a FASTt HBA adapter, not challenging enough...match it with a supported
SDD/RDAC)

Actually, this seems to reflect how it works when you deal with IBM via
their public call centre.

Suad
--

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html