ADSM-L

Re: Monitoring oracle Backups

2002-10-23 10:19:47
Subject: Re: Monitoring oracle Backups
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:19:06 -0700
Joe,

Not sure what version of TDP for Oracle you are using, but with TDP Oracle
2.2.1 we actually send 2 messages to the TSM Server activity log that you
may find useful:

ANU2535I File /fs/ll/<backuppiece> = number of bytes sent. (This denotes a
successful backup)
ANU2536I File /fs/ll/<backuppiece> = number of bytes received. (This
denotes a successful restore).

Note: On UNIX the Low Level path (ll) is empty on Windows the Low Level
path is /orcnt.

These two messages may be of some use to you to help automate your
notifications.