ADSM-L

TSM OS390 jump from 4.1.4 to 4.2.2.13 concerns

2002-10-22 15:00:35
Subject: TSM OS390 jump from 4.1.4 to 4.2.2.13 concerns
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:32:34 -0400
As you recall, I just jumped my OS390 server from  4.1.4 to 4.2.2.13.

Well, this weekend was the first EXPIRE INVENTORY run since the upgrade.

Now, I am finding hundreds of tapes needing recycling. In fact, I am going
to need to bump my reclaimation threshold or reclaim will run until
doomsday and monopolize my tape drives !

Was there a major bug fixed somewhere in this version-span-upgrade or
should I be concerned ?

I went back and checked my logs for the EXPIRE INVENTORY finished message
over the last 2-weeks and the ### of items expired hasn't changed, greatly
(around 2-3M).

The database %UTILIZED hasn't changed, greatly, either.