ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation Setting Survey

2002-10-22 11:17:48
Subject: Re: Reclamation Setting Survey
From: J M <jm_seattle AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:09:12 -0700
Just out of curiosity- what are you using for reclamation settings for
primary tape pool data?

Currently we have over 100 WinNT platforms (all in one policy domain)backing
up data (1+ TB incremental) to large primary disk pool, which migrates to
primary tape, tape copy, etc... The data is a mix of filesystem incrementals
and TDP backup objects (database/exchange). Currently we have our
reclamation threshold set to 60, but we're curious to know what other
similar environments are successfully using?

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!