ADSM-L

Re: SMF Records

2002-10-21 20:42:20
Subject: Re: SMF Records
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:40:25 -0400
I thought it only wrote SMF records (type 41) for session accounting, that
is, at end-of-node-session.
We have some JCL that should work, perhaps with some tweaking, to get you
those records.

If you DO get some SMF output, would you please send me a few hundred
records of it, so that we can test our convert-to-normal-dsmaccnt.log
program?

Thanks.

---------------------------------
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect, Servergraph
www.servergraph.com <http://www.servergraph.com>
859-253-8000 ofc
425-988-8478 fax

================ Here's the JCL - USE AT OWN RISK
===========================
Creating the Statistics Event Adapter JCL
To create the Statistics Event Adapter JCL, copy and modify the SMF TECAD
JCL in
the sample data set. Save the modified JCL as the TECAD PROC member name in
the
PROCLIB data set. Here is an example of the SMF TECAD JCL:
//TECADZ   PROC CFG=TAMQZCFG     MEMBER NAME FOR CONFIG
//*
//* LICENSED MATERIALS - PROPERTY OF IBM
//* 5698-MQS (C) COPYRIGHT TIVOLI SYSTEMS 2001
//* ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
//*
//* US GOVERNMENT USERS RESTRICTED RIGHTS
//* - USE, DUPLICATION OR DISCLOSURE RESTRICTED BY
//*   GSA ADP SCHEDULE CONTRACT WITH IBM CORPORATION.
//*
//* TIVOLI EVENT ADAPTER FOR MQSERIES STATISTICS AND
//* ACCOUNTING
//*
//TECADAPT EXEC PGM=IHSMTECZ,
// ACCT=ACCT,
// TIME=1439,
// REGION=64M
//*
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=hlq.v2r4m0.SIHSMODM
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.le370.SEDCLINK
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTERM  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSLOG   DD SYSOUT=*
//EVTRACE  DD SYSOUT=*
//TECLOG   DD SYSOUT=*
//SMFDD    DD DISP=SHR,DSN=YOUR.SMF.DATASET
//TECADCFG DD DISP=SHR,DSN=hlq.v2r4m0.SIHSMSAM(&CFG.)
//SYSTCPD  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.tcp.INIT(TCPDATA)
//*

To modify the SMF TECAD JCL, follow these steps:
  Specify the TCP/IP product in a member of the partitioned data set on the
  SYSTCPD DD statement. For IBM TCP/IP, set the TCP=systemname parameter to
the
  started task name of the IBM TCP/IP product, such as TCPIP. The value of
  systemname is the name of a TCP/IP stack.
  In the STEPLIB statements, replace hlq.v2r4m0.SIHSMODM with the data set
name
  of the load library that Tivoli Manager for MQSeries for OS/390 provides.
  In the TECADCFG statement, replace hlq.v2r4mo.SIHSMSAM with the data set
name
  of the data set that contains the Statistics Event Adapter configuration
file.

  Before you start this job, review the dump, trace, and log settings:
    SYSUDUMP
    Displays a system-invoked dump
    SYSPRINT
    Displays a job log of messages
    SYSTERM
    Compiles a log of runtime messages
    EVTRACE
    Compiles a log of events for diagnostic purposes when TestMode is set to
YES

    TECLOG
    Compiles a log of Statistics Event Adapter trace messages