ADSM-L

Re: Transfer filespace?

2002-10-21 02:19:59
Subject: Re: Transfer filespace?
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:16:14 -0500
I've often wondered about this;  is using export then import, without
including the filespaces, sufficient to get the db-constructs re-assigned to
the new node (ie, without having to move all the data)?  I've considered
trying this a few times, but the customer situation never came to fruition.

Alternatively, it is trivial to rename filespaces and nodes, so one could
use that approach; ie, for a node being retired, but want to keep some of
its filespace data available (for restore) by another "owning" node --
rename the node (to something similar to the new owner's identity, maybe
OtherNode-2), then re-establish its password under the new node name which
is only used for restore/retrieve, whatever.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)