ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1 vs CA Brightstor Arcserve 2000!?!

2002-10-21 02:15:47
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1 vs CA Brightstor Arcserve 2000!?!
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 02:01:41 -0500
I just responded to another post, similar questions about Veritas (I've had
some interactions with the ARCserve world).

If you contact me off-the-list, I can refer you to a customer sys-admin who
has used both -- he was an ARCserve "bigot", but now has gotten trained on
TSM so he can do enterprise-level storage management (rather than the
cutesy/GUI stuff that gets you "sucked in" to thinking CA-ARCserve can maybe
"handle it").

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)