ADSM-L

3590 Firmware

2002-10-20 09:32:55
Subject: 3590 Firmware
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:31:20 -0400
All,

We recently replaced a set of 3590B drives with H's in a 3494.  During the
upgrade, I inquired of the CEs regarding what the latest firmware was, and
if they could verify that the upgraded drives had the latest code.

The reply I received was that the procedures for 3590 firmware updates had
changed, and that the customer is now responsible for obtaining the FMR
tape.

Anytime in the past I have gone through firmware updates on 3590 drives,
the CE always provided/created the FMR tape.

A quick check around the web site doesn't seem to indicate anything new
along these lines, nor does a visit to index.storsys.

When I asked one of the CEs for the procedure for getting the code, he
provided me with an e-mail address of someone within IBM.  I fired one off
to him, along with the information I was told I required (Co. name, drive
SN, etc.), but have received no reply.

Has anyone else heard this, or are these guys a little off base?

-Lloyd

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267