ADSM-L

Re: RAW volumes or not

2002-10-20 01:43:54
Subject: Re: RAW volumes or not
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 00:43:11 -0500
If you talk "nice" to your IBM rep (or search the RS/6000 documents), you'll
find tuning info about JFS vs. RAW -- I suggest JFS to customers, unless
they're adamant about trying RAW;  TSM performance for most sites I've seen
since 3.1 has been very satisfactory, there were specific line items in 2.1,
3.1 and 3.7 which addressed AIX performance for TSM server with JFS... if
you carefully heed tuning tips for NIC settings as well as VMTUNE settings,
you should get satisfactory performance.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)