ADSM-L

TSM 5.1 vs CA Brightstor Arcserve 2000!?!

2002-10-18 22:28:07
Subject: TSM 5.1 vs CA Brightstor Arcserve 2000!?!
From: Vin Yam <vyam AT QBCT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:07:55 -0400
Hello,

A major organization is considering CA Brightstor Arcserve 2000 as a
replacement for the current TSM 4.1.5 setup for its backing up of mission
critical data of a single server.  Are there any whitepapers or documents
available that critique performance, data integrity, and ease of use of the
two data management solutions?  Although I personally prefer TSM due to its
speed using diskpools, and data integrity and tracking abilities, many
people are voicing a return to Arcserve because of its ease of use.  They
are currently considering CA Brightstor Arcserve 2000 because of its ability
to use diskpools???  I haven't taken a look at Arcserve 2000 in depth, but I
wasn't sure if this was a possibility and was looking to fellow TSM users to
help me out in presenting fair information to compare the two.

Thanks,

Vin
vyam AT qbct DOT com