ADSM-L

Re: How to access TDP for Exchange GUI from remote PC

2002-10-18 22:28:05
Subject: Re: How to access TDP for Exchange GUI from remote PC
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:22:43 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Villegas, Beatrice
> We have installed TDP for Exchange in one of our Exchange servers and the
> Administrator wants to be able to access the GUI for TDP from his PC to be
> able to do backups/restores remotely.
>
> We normally use for the NT side of it the TSM Web Client and we
> are looking for something similar to that for TDP.

Install TDP for Exchange on the admin's desktop. When you run the GUI,
change the command from
        <drive:>\<directory_tree>\tdpexc.exe
with
        <drive:>\<directory_tree>\tdpexc.exe
/excserver=<name_of_exchange_server>

Note that <name_of_exchange_server> is the name of the exchange service,
*not* the name of the server that is running Exchange.

Granted this is not like a web-based GUI that can be run from anywhere. Such
a beast does not currently exist.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE