ADSM-L

Re: query storage group

2002-10-16 09:50:58
Subject: Re: query storage group
From: Bill Fitzgerald <wfitzger AT MHC DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:49:24 -0400
Your situation is similar to one I had when I first took over Administrating
our TSM.

the PCT Migr is the Percent that can be migrated. This is lower than the 70
percent High Migration Threshold. Therefore no migration can take place.

To  get some space back, set the high and low to 0 and let all the data that
can be migrated be moved.  Then reset the values to something more reasonable
for your setup.

Turning off the caching will help migrate data, but remember that the files
will remain in cache until they reach expiration.

Hope this helps

Bill

William Fitzgerald
Software Programmer
Munson Medical Center
wfitzger AT mhc DOT net

>>> DNelson AT CHITTENDEN DOT COM 10/16/02 09:24AM >>>
When I run a Query Storage Group ( Q stg) on the Disk Pool, I get the following
(puzzling) results

Name: Diskpool
Device: Disk
Capactity: 15 gig
Pct Util: 92.1
Pct Migr: 54.2
High Mig: 70
Low Mig: 40

   My question is, If my Migration parameters are 70/40 (and there is no
migration in progress) why do I have a 92% utilized and a 54% migrated? I just
had the thought that this could be because we have caching turned on. Is this
correct?

   As a side note, has anyone had problems with caching slowing things down
rather than speeding them up?

                                                Thanks, Doug

Douglas C. Nelson
Distributed Computing Consultant