ADSM-L

Re: More on Repeat Backups...

2002-10-16 08:30:16
Subject: Re: More on Repeat Backups...
From: Lawrie Scott <lawries AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:14:04 +0200
Hi Jerry

I'm new to this list but your problem sounds like a problem I have where the
system objects fail. On further investigation I discovered it was only the
event logs, which are no use if the system crashses and needs a full restore
anyway. So with the authority of my desktop guys I excluded the event logs
directory from the backup and from then on my system Objects passed. I found
this only to be a problem on servers where the event log was very busy.

Lawrie Scott
For: Persetel / Q Vector KZN
South Africa
Tel: +27 (0) 31 5609222
Fax: +27 (0) 31 5609495
Cell: +27 (0) 835568488
E-mail:  lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za