ADSM-L

Re: Problem with 2nd LTO drive

2002-10-16 04:41:47
Subject: Re: Problem with 2nd LTO drive
From: Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:39:18 +0200
Hi Lindy

This is quite dissicult to pinpoint. To rule out the drive - swap the two
drives in the library, and set drive 2 offline in tsm, and test operation.
If the drive is ok, there is a number of things to check -
SCSI ID/cabling/termination
TSM Drive configuration
TSM DeviceDriverconfig
Ultrium Drivers
SCSI Adapter drivers
Library Error logs

Somewhere in here you should find the problem. I haven't had the same
problem myself, but it seems to me, that the most likely error is TSM
misconfiguration. Are you sure about the SCSI ID/elementnumber and the TSM
Device Driver config?

Hope it helps...

Rgds
Geirr G. Halvorsen