ADSM-L

Win2K, Fiber and I/O problem

2002-10-15 19:47:03
Subject: Win2K, Fiber and I/O problem
From: "Cowperthwaite, Eric" <eric.cowperthwaite AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:44:30 -0400
I have an interesting problem. One of my TSM servers is running on Win2K
Server. The server is connected to a Brocade FC switch and the FC switch is
connected to an FC-SCSI bridge. The library is an HP SureStore 6/60 with
DLT8000 drives. Every once in a while I get I/O error on a tape drive and
the server resets the drive. When it does the drive renames from the TSM
Driver name to the NT Driver name (i.e. from mtx.x.x.x to \\..\tape0
<\\..\tape0> ). Has anyone else had this sort of problem and what did you do
to resolve it?

Thanks,

Eric W. Cowperthwaite
EDS Operations Solutions
Desk - 916-636-1929
Cell - 916-919-6271
eric.cowperthwaite AT eds DOT com <mailto:eric.cowperthwaite AT eds DOT com>