ADSM-L

which virus scanner vs backupclient

2002-10-15 09:08:39
Subject: which virus scanner vs backupclient
From: Michael Kindermann <michael.kindermann AT GMX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:08:33 +0200
Hello,

we are using trend micro server protect on our fileservers. During backup
(4.2.2.0 NT40-Client) the cpu-usage is nearly 100% and last on one Server 17h
instead of 2h without virus protection. OK, this is clear because tsm touches
every file, and the scanner scans it because its changed. But its a bug not a
feature.
This behavior is only on NT40-Servers so extrem!
I solved the problem by using the journaling service to reduce the
processing time and stopping the virusscanner during backup by pre- and
postcommand
option in the dsm.opt. But this solution doesnt work every day and during this
time there is no virusprotection. And if the backup fails there is no virus
protection until someone starts it manually.

Has someone made similar experiences with virus scanners ? Which
antivirusproducts work good with tsm-baclients?

greetings

M.Kindermann
Wuerzburg/Germany

NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr f|r 1 ct/ Min. surfen!