ADSM-L

cleanup... (was: upgrade from TSM 4.1.3 to TSM 5.1.5)

2002-10-14 14:12:51
Subject: cleanup... (was: upgrade from TSM 4.1.3 to TSM 5.1.5)
From: Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:05:41 -0400
> Sorry Hans if I was unclear, but for you that haven't upgraded to
version
> 4.2, this problem doesn't exist.
>
> The system object bug was first introduced with version 4.2.2.0. For
> thoose of you using a lower version, my suggestion is to not upgrade to
> version 4.2.2, as you will also get this bug.

It sure would be nice if someone from IBM could step in here and say
definitively what level this bug was introduced, and what level adds the
cleanup command.

Andy?

I am running 4.2.2.0, and do not see evidence of this problem.  I know
this because I added the following to my Windows cloptset:

include.systemobject ALL 2versions

and all my SYSTEM OBJECT filepsaces got rebound, and the verisons greater
than 2 removed during the next Expiration run, as demonstrated by:

show version nodename "SYSTEM*" namet=uni -tabdelimited -outfile > node.ver

and then looking at node.ver for evidence.

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)