ADSM-L

Re: Down Level Client Code

2002-10-12 16:33:57
Subject: Re: Down Level Client Code
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:32:26 +0300
Two choices:
- if you do not need many versions of the node's data - simply rename the
node and register new node with same name, perform full backup, delete
renamed node;
- if you need to keep all backup versions or have archives - identify
which tapes contain that node's data, mark them "unavailable" and keep
somewhere with a DB backup before dsmc-query. But when you need to restore
from that data you have to restore the DB in separate instance.
- use both - using second method preserve all data and afterwards using
first method have quick current data restores from main/production TSM
instance.

WARNING: next time use -virtualnodename=<other node> instead of
node=<node> and this would never happen (Mark, this is nearly a FAQ
candidate).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Edgardo Moso <edgardo_moso AT KINDREDHEALTHCARE DOT COM>
12.10.2002 16:27