ADSM-L

Re: after ML10 upgrade

2002-10-11 19:56:07
Subject: Re: after ML10 upgrade
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:55:16 -0700
> What I typically do in this situation is to delete ALL the tape drives
> and adapters from AIX "rmdev -dl rmt*" and "rmdev -dl fcs*"
>
> Then I run cfgmr to pick up the new devices.  I have never run into the
> situation where there was a drive disappearing such as this after a
> simple ML upgrade.
> Joshua S. Bassi

I did all that after I sent the email. The one fibre card did not come back.
I thought this odd because it was working fine just before the upgrade.
After the reboot it went to "defined" and once deleted would not come back.
Placed a call to support for IBM to replace it unless they know something I
don't. Or you guys don't. So for now I'm out one drive.

I had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago except that time I had
just decided it was time to re-boot the computer just because it was up for
so long. All the TCP/IP settings disappeared, it was as if I had just
installed the cards and brought the computer back up. Really weird if you
ask me.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer